We place a high priority on reaching the world for Christ and express that commitment by our involvement with both our local and state mission organizations as well as direct missions originating here at Towering Oaks.
The state missions offering provides invaluable financial support for ministries to help reach Tennesseans for Christ. The Golden Offering is collected all year with a special emphasis on giving and praying for state missions during the month of September. The Golden Offering for Tennessee Missions works in conjunction with the Cooperative Program to effectively meet needs and support ministries in Tennessee.
The Golden Offering for Tennessee Missions is:
- Meeting human needs through Compassion Ministries
- Disaster Relief volunteers helping restore communities after a natural disaster
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries sharing the hope of Jesus on Tennessee college campuses
- Church planting across Tennessee where there is no gospel witness
- A child coming to Christ through camp
- English being taught to someone from another country and sharing Jesus
The Annie Armstrong Easter Offering (AAEO) is the primary way we support mission efforts in North America. One hundred percent of gifts given to AAEO are used to support Southern Baptist missionaries serving across the United States and Canada.
Since 1845, the IMB has partnered with churches to send missionaries to live and work among those around the world with little to no access to the gospel.