Baptism isn’t required for salvation but is the first step of faith for believers. The baptismal waters don’t save anyone. Jesus does that. Baptism is simply a picture of the work Jesus has done in a person’s heart.
- Baptism is the physical illustration of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- Baptism shows our new life as a follower of Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Baptism doesn’t make you a believer… it shows that you already believe.
- Baptism doesn’t save you; Jesus does!
- Baptism signifies a relationship that already exists rather than the forming of a relationship yet to begin.
At Towering Oaks, we baptize by immersion. That’s the example we see throughout Scripture and is the basis for the meaning of the word “baptize,” which means to immerse (or dip under) in water.
Ready to Be Baptized?
If you have trusted Jesus as Savior, you should be baptized! It doesn’t matter if you were saved 20 years ago or just last week… it’s time to take the next step in your faith journey. It’s never too late.
Baptisms are normally scheduled during our weekly worship service. Just fill out this form and let us know when you would like to be baptized. Someone will contact you with to schedule your baptism and answer any questions.