With the increase of COVID-19 cases in Greene County, Mayor
Kevin Morrison has mandated masks be worn in public. He cited a tripling of hospitalization cases
in our area just this week. At Towering
Oaks, we have made every attempt to provide physical distancing and dedicated
areas for those who understand the spiritual health needs of corporate worship
and desire to gather.
While the Mayor noted the mandate is not enforceable, we strongly urge those who are of the vulnerable population (elderly, immune compromised, etc.) to please join us for worship online at 10:30.
It is our best understanding that there is at least some benefit of precautions that reduce the sharing of the virus by a person who may not even know he/she has it, if you attend in person we strongly urge:
- That you make sure you are not running a fever. If you have any doubts, we will have thermometers that do not require physical touching. Should you or anyone in your family run a temperature of 100.0 or higher, we ask that you stay home.
- That you wear a mask. If you do not have one, we will have masks available for you. We will provide a section of the worship center for those not wearing masks. The worship team and pastor will not wear masks while singing or speaking.
- That you maintain physical distancing while at church.
- That you be supportive, realizing that each person has their own views of the efficacy of the precautions. Please don’t speak down to others for their views, or question their choices. You may not know all of the circumstances. They have heard the opinions already and have made up their minds. (2 Thess 5.14 says, “be patient with all men”). If you feel threatened by those wearing or not wearing masks, please join us in worship online.
- Rather, speak cheerfully and with encouraging words to others (Ephesians 4.29).
- Pray for a solution that we might be able to soon return to warm handshakes and hugs.
We want to be good stewards and as responsible as we can be.
We pray for each of you. In the midst of difficulty, God is still doing great things!
During this time, we have great opportunity to show grace and
unconditional love as a testimony to our community and world of the magnificent
love of Jesus Christ! Please focus on what binds us and not our difference in
- Our in-person worship time is: 10:30 am
- Our physical address is: 1985 Buckingham Rd, Greeneville, TN
- Our livestream worship times are:
- Sundays: 10:30am
- Wednesdays: 6:00pm
- At these locations: YouTube & Facebook